Join us on 17th June 2023 in the grounds of beautiful York Minister for a day of entertaining discussions and serious fun. Leading politicians, commentators, business leaders, academics – and most importantly the public coming together to debate the issues that really matter in a festival atmosphere.
Take part in discussions on physical and economic regeneration; civil society; sustainability; culture; public services; and how we can create a better place for individuals and communities.
There’s loads to get involved with – you can have your say in Speakers Corner. Watch local entrepreneurs pitch for funding and mentoring from our angel investors – and vote for your favourites. Enjoy food and drink from local providers in the festival atmosphere with our street entertainers. Express yourself on our Art Wall. Meet the authors at our book-shop. And check out the community fayre. Performances, interactive sessions and walking tours make a vibrant, varied day.
Tickets are free but must be registered for.
- Prof Tim Bale Political Commentator & Author
- Dr Hannah Barham-Brown Deputy Leader, Women’s Equality Party
- Melissa Benn Journalist & Campaigner
- Simon Biltcliffe Leader, Yorkshire Party
- Baroness Judith Blake Shadow Spokesperson Business, Trade, Energy and Net Zero, Labour
- Sir Vince Cable Former Secretary of State, Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Liberal Democrats
- Cllr Claire Douglas Leader, City of York Council
- Greg Dyke Former Director-General, BBC
- George Freeman MP Minister for Science, Innovation and Technology, Conservative
- Kevin Hollinrake MP Minister for Enterprise, Markets and Small Business
- Cllr George Jabbour North Yorkshire County Council
- Stephen Kinnock MP Shadow Minister for Immigration, Labour
- Fiona Laird Director & Founder of National Youth Arts Trust
- Lord Andrew Lansley Former Secretary of State for Health, Conservative
- Rachael Maskell MP York Central, Labour
- Sarah Owen MP Shadow Minister for Levelling Up, Labour
- Prof Kate Pickett Author & Founder of The Equality Trust
- Zack Polanski Deputy Leader, Green
- Sir Tim Smit Founder, Eden Project
- Julian Sturdy MP York Outer, Conservative
- Rachel Sylvester The Times Health Commission
- Matthew Taylor CEO NHS Confederation
- Baroness Sayeeda Warsi, Former Cabinet Minister, Conservative
and many more….